Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Hydrangeas



My mom has a huge hydrangea bush in her garden- I mean HUGE. It's pretty much taking over the east side of the house, and it's beautiful. I was over there last night and she sent me home with a nice big bunch of my own!

Then I realized I didn't have a vase or anything to display them. I quickly remembered something I had seen at an antique store a couple weeks ago... a big white ironstone pitcher for only $9. But it was over two weeks ago, and at that price surely it would be gone by now. The store is just a few minutes from my house, so I made the trip this morning anyways just to make sure. And to my surprise, it was still there! Hooray!



It has a few minor cracks and flaws, but that makes it all the more attractive. A little character never hurt anyone. :)



The hydrangeas look so pretty sitting on the coffee table. Speaking of, I want a new coffee table. This one is so blah. We got it for free right after we were married and at that time the "free" factor won over the "blah" factor. I'm on the hunt for a new one!

The little white blooms were super cute on the dining room table too...



They looked cute everywhere I put them! I may just have to go back to my mom's to snip some more...

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hey the coffee table looks good, I like the white legs better than the black. (oh snap! I'm starting to talk like Ellie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah, I painted the legs so I could at least tolerate it. They were actually a hunter green color before. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that coffee table...those white legs make it look so modern country. And I love the hydrangea. Do you mind asking her for me if it is an Annabelle or a Snowball (I am just beginning with my hydrangeas and I love white. She did well!) Your home is so lovely. You'll be in a magazine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hydrangea too and get lots of blooms all summer from my garden. If they wilt pop the stems in boiling water for 30 seconds and back into clean room temp water..voila all set for another few days. Your blog is lovely and so is your house. Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie- Thank you! :) She says they're Annabelle. I would love to plant some myself. They're so great!

    Urbanstems- Yep, that's exactly what I do! My mom taught me that little trick and it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete