Friday, July 2, 2010

A Marshall's Miracle

Miracle might be a strong word, but you get my drift. Okay, here's the story. I couldn't convince my mom to let me buy her lamp, like the one in my last post. I begged, I pleaded, I even threw in a puppy dog face, but nothing. She was keeping the lamp. And I don't blame her, it's an adorable lamp! I went back to T.J.Maxx on Wednesday hoping that maybe they would have got some more in, but with no luck. So I put the thought of the lamp behind me, and went on with my life. Next, I went to Marshall's. I walked in the store, and saw it- THE LAMP. I must have looked completely insane because I'm pretty sure I ran to it. I was excited, to say the least. I just love small victories like this. :)

So now I have a pair of these cute lamps! Yay! Marshall's, I love you!


I put this new one on a console table in the living room. This table was red, until a few days ago. I was bored and had the urge to paint something. So I did. :)



I bought this "M" a while back for 7 bucks. It was all white, so I dirtied it up with a little brown paint. Paint is great, isn't it?

I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th! I plan on eating lots of watermelon... it's just not 4th of July until I have a belly full of watermelon. :)


Yum!

7 comments:

  1. you crack me up, megan! anytime you're bored, you can head over here and redo my house. love your taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I just came across your blog and loved reading every post. I love your style and every picture that you have posted. I can't wait to see more of what you're up to in your home and all your fabulous finds!

    Have a wonderful holiday!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is crazy! I really can't believe you found another. Yahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really is a Marshall's miracle. Love it!!! happy 4th, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I posted so many times...it looks like they are never going through...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no problem! I like to see lots of comments. :)

    ReplyDelete